The Best Bohemian Jewels From Isabel Marant August 05, 2020
The RIXO 2021 Resort Collection is here July 21, 2020
Bernard Bake Off
- 2 large tins of red or pink tinned salmon
- 2 eggs
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
- 1 large baked potato
- Shallots or onion
- Fine breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
A quick tip from Helene before you start cooking is, "These fishcakes are delicious but I recommend to open the doors and windows whilst you're frying to save your whole house smelling like a fish counter in the supermarket."
- Bake the potato and once cooked take out of skin and mash.
- Whilst potato is in the oven, put tins of Salmon in a large bowl and remove all of the little white bones.
- Keep half the juice from one of the salmon tins and add to the mixture.
- Beat both eggs and add to mixture, adding the salt, pepper and cayenne too.
- Cut up the onion or shallots as finely as possible and mix all of the ingredients in the bowl together.
- Add enough mashed potato to make into firm fish cakes, whatever size you prefer.
- Once made, dust them all in fine breadcrumbs.
- Get a large deep frying pan (or fish fryer if you have) and add enough oil to nearly cover the fish cakes.
- Fry until they are golden brown each side, turning once. (remember all the ingredients are cooked so don't need to be on heat for long)
- Drain on the kitchen paper or wire rack to get rid of excess oil and serve hot.
We would love to see your versions all of our recipe recommendations so when you do, please send us your photos on Instagram! Have fun and enjoy.