Bernard Bake Off
Recipe six of the Bernard Bake Off series is a fun, quick and easy recipe suitable to do with the kids or on your own... the Equal Measures Cake. What's fun about this recipe is that it all depends on the weight of your eggs as to how much of the other ingredients you will need.
- 3 eggs
- Self-raising flour
- Caster Sugar
- Vanilla essence
- Sprinkles or any other fun topping
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees.
- Crack your eggs into a mixing bowl and weigh them on electric scales (remember to not include the weight of the bowl else the recipe will not work properly).
- Write down how much the eggs weigh and then weigh the rest of the ingredients so they all equal the same amount.
- Get the large mixing bowl and stir in all of the ingredients until you get a smooth consistency.
- Once the mixture is done, transfer to a cake tin and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Whilst your cake is baking, start on the icing and decoration prep.
- Mix unsalted butter, milk, vanilla essence and icing sugar into a mixing bowl until you get the perfect consistency for it to not run off the cake too much.
- Once the cake is out the oven, let it cool down for 15 minutes before adding the icing sugar and whatever sprinkles you want to add.
This cake was made by Sasha's three year old daughter for her birthday (hence the candles) but if you are trying out any of our recipes please send in images as we would love to see your creations.