Bernard Bake Off
It's been one month since we started the Bernard Bake Off series and week four features a fun and kid friendly recipe from Sasha, reinventing the classic chocolate chip cookies by adding magic stars. These measurements make up 10 servings so adapt them however you like depending on how many you want to treat yourself to.
- 120g of butter
- 75g of light brown sugar
- 75g of golden caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tea spoon of vanilla extract
- 180g of plain flour
- 1/2 tea spoon of bicarbonate of soda
- family size pack of magic stars
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees / gas mark 4.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Get a big mixing bowel and cream the butter and sugars together.
- Once the mix is a light and fluffy consistency, beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Once combined, stir in the flour, bicarb, magic stars (amount can vary depending on how chocolatey you like it) and 1/4 tsp of salt.
- When everything is mixed together, scoop ten large table spoons of the mixture onto the two trays, leaving enough room in between each one to spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until firm at the edges but still soft in the middle as they will harden as they cool.
- Leave to cool on the tray for a few mins before eating warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- they will keep for three days in an airtight container but if i were you, I would sit down with the family and eat them all in one sitting.
- baking recipe for kids, bernard bake off, chocolate biscuit recipe, chocolate chip cookie recipe, magic star cookie recipe