The Best Bohemian Jewels From Isabel Marant August 05, 2020
The RIXO 2021 Resort Collection is here July 21, 2020
Bernard Bake Off
Our third week of the Bernard Bake Off series features a zesty recipe from Cristina with a classic Lemon Drizzle Cake. All you need is 5 ingredients so it's super easy to do and makes up eight portions to either leave some as a friendly gesture outside your neighbours' front door or...eat all to yourself. Everyone deserves to treat themselves at the moment.
- 225g of unsalted butter
- 300g of caster sugar
- 225g of self-raising flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 lemon
- Leave the butter out of the fridge so it turns to room temperature, adding a little extra to the measurement to grease the tin with.
- Preheat the oven to 180-200 degrees.
- Grate the lemon skin off the lemon to create a zest and then squeeze the juice into a bowl and put to one side.
- Brush a 2lb loaf tin with butter and line with baking parchment. Brush parchment with butter.
- Grab a large bowl and beat together 225g of the caster sugar (leaving 75g) and butter until it turns pale with a creamy consistency.
- Add each egg one after the other until the first one has been incorporated with the rest of the mix.
- Beat in the flour and the zest and then pour the mixture into the loaf tin, smoothing down the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice and remaining caster sugar and once the cake comes out, pierce holes into it and pour the lemon sauce over the drizzle.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin and serve when the caster and lemon mixture has turned white.