Bernard Bake Off
Our second recipe of the Bernard Bake Off series is Donna's family favourite, Jamaica Cake. It's really easy to make, so a good one to try out with the children if you have any. This cake is made right in the same pan that you start out with so good news is there are no extra dishes to wash up afterwards. Win win.
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups of pecans
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 can of pineapples
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Chop the pecans and put them to one side.
- Peel the bananas and dice them into small cubes.
- Open up the pineapple can, keep the juice and crush the pineapple segments, leave to one side.
- Mix together the sugar, vegetable oil, pecans, flour and bananas in a 13x9 inch pan.
- Stir in the eggs, pineapple with the juice, vanilla, salt and baking soda.
- Mix well and make sure to not mash the bananas.
- Put the tin straight into the oven for 60 minutes.
Send in photos if you decide to try this one out or if you have been baking any of your own recipes, share them with us and we can feature you in a future blog post.